EMERGENCY FOOD BANK
During these difficult and worrying times, many of our colleagues and friends have lost their jobs due to the Covid-19 outbreak. The consequences of the virus in our local area alone has meant more than 1000 people have lost their livelyhoods and have no income in order to feed and support their families. This situation is going to worsen before it gets better.
For those of us that have made Costa Rica our home, we must pull together to help those families most impacted by this terrible situation. Initially focusing in our area of the Northern Pacific Guanacaste region, our local charity Costa Rica Makes Me Happy has partnered with local organizations to establish an emergency community food bank program with the aim to support and feed families who are most in need. For a donation of $100, we can provide food and a necessities package for a family of 5 people for one month. Our goal is to raise enough money to provide emergency relief to some 300 families in our local area for at least the next 2-3 months.
We have established a central warehouse run by volunteers which will receive, stock, pack and deliver food packages directly to the homes of families most in need. Please help us by donating what you can, as soon as you can, to help reduce the impact of this devastating situation on those people who have served us so well during our time in Costa Rica. For more info email us at email@example.com.
Wells Fargo NA,
Makes Me Happy, Inc.
ACH deposits 121042882
Wire transfers 121000248
Banco Nacional de Costa Rica
Asociación para la prosperidad y el progreso de las comunidades costarricenses
Ced. Juridica: 3-002-694894
How can I donate?
Directly to the bank accounts listed above or just click the “Donate with PayPal” button. Your donation is tax free whether in Costa Rica or the United States.
Where can I donate food items?
CRMMH has partnered with the supper markets listed above where you can purchase or leave food items that go directly to the families in need.
What food items can I provide?
Can of tuna
Can of sardines
How do we choose the families to help?
The initiative by CRMMH and our partners the Flamingo Pro Mejoras Association is aimed at rapidly and effectively supporting families in the local area who have lost their jobs due to the impact of the COVID-19 Cronovirus on the local economy.
How can I receive a digital invoice for my donation?
For a tax deductible receipt in Costa Rica please send us the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Razón Social | Legal Name of your business
Cédula Jurídica | Business ID
Correo de Facturación Digital | Digital Invoicing Email
Teléfono de su negocio | Company Phone Number
Correo de su negocio | Company Email
What we are doing with the food bank initiative?
- We have established an emergency food bank to help local people through this period of living under the threat of the Coronavirus.
- We are aiming to help those people in our local area who have lost their jobs specifically due to the outbreak and have no other form of income.
- We are utilizing our management skills, network of contacts, personal resources and energy to make an immediate impact to support families in need.
- We will work with local organizations wherever possible to make the maximum impact.
What we are not doing?
- We will not take funds or resources from organizations already supporting disadvantaged families in our area.
- We will remain in place supporting families until the outbreak has past and then hand over our remaining assets, resources and facilites to existing non-profit organizations in the area.
- We will not charge any administration fees in order that 100% of the donations received will reach the families that need it.